If you are looking for a heater that can keep you warm and comfortable in your workspace, you might want to consider a DEWALT heater. DEWALT is a well-known brand that offers a range of heating products for different needs and preferences. Whether you need a cordless, propane, kerosene or electric heater, DEWALT has something for you.
In this blog post, we will review some of the best models of DEWALT heater and compare their features, benefits and drawbacks. We will also give you some tips on how to choose the right heater for your workspace and how to use it safely and efficiently.
What is a DEWALT Heater?
A DEWALT heater is a heating device that uses either propane, kerosene or electricity to generate heat. It is designed to be portable, durable and efficient for various work environments. Some of the common features of a DEWALT heater are:
- A high-quality steel or plastic construction that can withstand harsh conditions
- A variable heat output that can be adjusted according to your needs
- A built-in thermostat that regulates the temperature and prevents overheating
- A safety switch that shuts off the heater in case of tip-over or low oxygen levels
- A fan that distributes the heat evenly and quickly
- A LED work light that provides illumination in dark areas
- A USB port that allows you to charge your devices while using the heater
- A dual tank capability that lets you use two propane tanks for longer run time
Depending on the model, a DEWALT heater can have different power ratings, fuel capacities, run times, heating areas and noise levels. You can find more information about each model on the official website of DEWALT1.
Why Choose a DEWALT Heater?
There are many reasons why you might want to choose a DEWALT heater for your workspace. Some of the advantages of a DEWALT heater are:
- It is reliable and versatile. You can use it indoors or outdoors, in cold or warm weather, in small or large spaces. You can also choose from different fuel types and power sources depending on your availability and preference.
- It is easy to use and maintain. You can set up and operate the heater with minimal effort and instructions. You can also clean and store it without much hassle.
- It is safe and efficient. The heater has various safety features that prevent accidents and injuries. It also has a high thermal efficiency that ensures optimal fuel consumption and heat output.
- It is affordable and durable. The heater has a reasonable price tag compared to other brands and models. It also has a long lifespan and warranty period that guarantee its quality and performance.
Of course, no product is perfect and there are some drawbacks of a DEWALT heater as well. Some of the disadvantages of a DEWALT heater are:
- It is noisy and smelly. The fan and the combustion process can produce some noise and odor that might be annoying or unpleasant for some users. You might want to wear earplugs or use an air purifier to reduce these effects.
- It is bulky and heavy. The heater can be quite large and heavy depending on the model. You might need some space and assistance to move it around or transport it.
- It is not eco-friendly. The heater emits carbon monoxide and other pollutants that can harm the environment and your health. You might want to use it in well-ventilated areas or with proper ventilation systems.
How to Choose the Right DEWALT Heater for Your Workspace?
To choose the right DEWALT heater for your workspace, you need to consider several factors such as:
- The size of your workspace. You need to measure the length, width and height of your workspace to determine its volume and surface area. This will help you estimate how much heat you need to warm it up.
- The type of your workspace. You need to consider if your workspace is indoors or outdoors, insulated or not, open or closed, windy or calm. This will affect how much heat loss or gain you have in your workspace.
- The temperature of your workspace. You need to check the current and desired temperature of your workspace. This will help you calculate how much heat difference you need to create with your heater.
- The fuel availability and preference of your workspace. You need to check what kind of fuel you have access to in your workspace such as propane, kerosene or electricity. You also need to consider what kind of fuel you prefer to use in terms of cost, convenience and safety.
Based on these factors, you can narrow down your options and select the most suitable model of DEWALT heater for your workspace. You can also compare the specifications and reviews of different models on online platforms such as Amazon2.
How to Use a DEWALT Heater Safely and Efficiently?
To use a DEWALT heater safely and efficiently, you need to follow some tips such as:
- Read the manual carefully and follow the instructions. You need to understand how to set up, operate and maintain the heater properly. You also need to follow the safety precautions and warnings to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Place the heater on a flat, stable and non-flammable surface. You need to ensure that the heater is stable and secure and that it does not touch any flammable or combustible materials such as curtains, furniture or clothing.
- Keep the heater away from children, pets and other objects. You need to ensure that there is enough clearance around the heater to prevent burns, fires or explosions. You also need to keep an eye on the heater and do not leave it unattended.
- Ventilate the area well. You need to ensure that there is enough fresh air in the area to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning or suffocation. You also need to avoid using the heater in enclosed or poorly ventilated spaces such as basements, garages or tents.
- Adjust the heat output according to your needs. You need to use the thermostat or the control knob to set the desired temperature and heat output. You also need to avoid overheating or underheating the area to save fuel and energy.
What are Some of the Best Models of DEWALT Heater?
To give you some examples, here are some of the best models of DEWALT heater that you can find on the market:
- DEWALT DXH12B Portable Heater2: This is a cordless propane radiant heater that can run on 20V MAX batteries or AC power. It has a power rating of 12,000 BTU/hour and a run time of up to 7 hours on a 5-gallon propane tank. It can heat up an area of up to 450 square feet and has a LED work light, a USB port and a dual tank capability.
- DEWALT DXH90FAV Forced Air Propane Heater1: This is a corded propane forced air heater that has a power rating of 55,000 – 85,000 BTU/hour and a run time of up to 14 hours on a 20-pound propane tank. It can heat up an area of up to 2,000 square feet and has a variable heat output, a built-in thermostat, a safety switch and a high speed fan.
- DEWALT DXH135KT Forced Air Kerosene Heater1: This is a corded kerosene forced air heater that has a power rating of 95,000 – 135,000 BTU/hour and a run time of up to 10 hours on a 10-gallon fuel tank. It can heat up an area of up to 3,500 square feet and has a variable heat output, a built-in thermostat, a safety switch and a high speed fan.
- DEWALT DXH2000TS Forced Air Electric Heater1: This is a corded electric forced air heater that has a power rating of 13/20 kW and an amperage rating of 60/100 amps. It can heat up an area of up to 4,200 square feet and has a variable heat output, a built-in thermostat, a safety switch and a high speed fan.
A DEWALT heater is a reliable and versatile option for heating your workspace. It has various features, benefits and drawbacks that you need to consider before buying one. You also need to choose the right model for your workspace and use it safely and efficiently.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn more about DEWALT heater and how to use it. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them below.